SAMPLES OF THE AUTHOR’S TRADES…
AUTHOR OVERVIEW & SAMPLE TRADES
“If you help
others, you will be helped,
perhaps tomorrow, perhaps in 100 years,
but you will be helped. Nature must pay off the debt…
It is a mathematical law and all life is mathematics.”
G. I. GURDJIEFF
SOME COMMENTS FROM THE AUTHOR
I am pleased to see the release of my new course, MARKET VIBRATIONS - W.D. Gann’s “How to Make Profits” in Modern Markets. The course, which has taken well over a year to write and perfect, is offered as a small tribute to the work of a great man, William Delbert Gann. I will show that Mr. Gann’s own examples from the Civil War and the early 1900s can be used to identify the large opportunities of recent years (long after Mr. Gann’s death in 1955).
After years of studying Mr. Gann’s work, I knew that he provided “graduate level” courses containing incredible amounts of information for students to digest. However, I finally realized that both I and many other traders and analysts tend to overcomplicate things and ignore Mr. Gann’s basic teachings. People seem to have an innate bias to hunt elusive and mystical market secrets instead of embracing simple truths. We think markets can’t be simple and they aren’t. However, successful analyses and rules can be. Mr. Gann attempted to show us many simple things but we humans tend to avoid them.
My challenge is to take Mr. Gann’s teachings and boil them down to a relatively simple, rules-based approach to trading and managing risk. Mr. Gann asked that we prove his teachings for ourselves so we might hope to understand. I have done some of that work for you and provide this book for your consideration. Maybe you will also reach the conclusion that Mr. Gann was not “guessing”. He used natural laws to improve his odds of success and they still work today. There’s no mysticism here, just grade school math.
Following, I’ll try to provide my honest opinion of my own book and what the book tries to accomplish. Of course, a man is generally not the best critic of his own work but I’ll do what I can to give you a fair picture:
1) My book is based upon the teachings of William Delbert Gann. In fact, I tried to use his words as the basis for most everything in my book.
2) Some people think Mr. Gann was a marketer more than a trader. I say hogwash! As a tribute to the great man, I use his own examples from the 1860’s and 1900’s to “predict” all-time-highs for commodity markets over 50 years after he died. Yes… his own simple examples and techniques identified post-2000 highs for several markets like Gold and Corn and Wheat and Soybeans and Crude Oil, to name a few. I include those examples in the book for your consideration. It may sound counterintuitive and crazy, but it really can be fun to trade all-time-highs short! Mr. Gann told us how.
3) Legend has it that Mr. Gann sometimes had returns of maybe 3000% in a few months. My book will only target trades with what I perceive to have reasonable chance to make no less than 500% profits (and usually under one year of time). That may sound crazy to some of you but that is the minimum goal or I don’t trade. I can make less than 500% on a trade and I can even lose 100% of what I risk. However, my target is always at least 500%. I’ll also show concrete examples where Mr. Gann’s legendary returns were quite possible in modern markets.
4) This is a book about easy stuff that you can do for yourself. The “problem” is that so few people see the value in doing these simple things for themselves. I was laughing about that when Mr. Stewart suggested that I write a book. Crazy as that sounded, the book has now been written. Maybe I’m crazier than I thought he was.
5) I don’t really want to have a bunch of you competing with me for my trades. In that light, please don’t buy my book! How’s that for a marketing pitch? I have no plan of retiring an author. It’s too much work! Trading will be my preference.
6) In my book, I’ve documented things that I’ve learned over the years. I did this mostly for my son. If he’s interested in the markets someday, my goal is to save him a decade or two (and many $$$$$) learning lessons on the trading battlefield. In that light, I discuss many “hows” and “whys”. I start from the perspective of a beginning trader and end with a detailed business plan. One of my requirements for publication was that this book had to be something I wish I had owned 20 years ago. I do indeed wish I had it then.
7) I’ll assume we all have small accounts to trade. That can complicate things for undercapitalized traders. Markets can be hostile environments. I tend to argue that it is best to trade with small accounts. Mr. Gann did that. It’s logical. If a person can’t turn small sums of money into large sums, they had better not start with large sums!
8) My book will NOT provide any secrets of the universe or markets. Instead, I stick to easy foundational concepts and combine them into a workable trading strategy. If you seek a new wondrous discovery for predicting trend changes, this book is not for you.
9) This is NOT a get rich quick strategy. I present a patient, rules-based approach for trading in a disciplined way. If that is not what you seek, this book is not for you.
10) This book will not guarantee your success. You are the master of your own trading decisions and destiny. However, this book will give you a good foundation for trading success. You will have the tools and rules to move forward in a logical way.
11) To ramp up my leverage and better control my risks, I employ simple options strategies. If you are adverse to options, you can still get value from the analytical components of my book. However, much of the book is geared toward options trades. It might not be for you.
12) If you would like to control your risks and follow Mr. Gann’s instructions for “How to Make Profits,” I believe my book may be for you. If you can follow the rules, Mr. Gann indicated that success was sure. You get to prove it for yourself, as he instructed.
“If you don’t think Mr. Gann’s
techniques can work as I’ve shown,
I’d like to invite you to an open market forum where you can sell me some option contracts.”
SAMPLE CHARTS & TRADES
The following brief examples give you a feeling for the kinds of opportunities we end up hunting when we start doing some of the things Mr. Gann told us to do. The following trades are either setups that were watched and analyzed in real time and then either paper traded in the case of some of the older examples, or actually traded as is the case with most of these. They provide examples of the kinds of trades my course will teach you to find and trade. This is just a small collection of samples from the last few years. Mr. Stewart from the Institute watched me trade many of these positions and can verify these trades.
You may be thinking, “Yeah, right! You can’t target the all-time highs for short trades!” But that really is the goal for this particular technique. I will demonstrate that Mr. Gann did target trading short at all-time commodity market highs, and show you exactly how to do it. You might think that Mr. Gann wouldn’t trade short against a major bull trend, but this is right out of Mr. Gann’s instructions, if you do the work to prove it. I will provide additional examples of targeting all-time-high prices for diverse markets like other grains, metals, and meats to name a few. Mr. Gann’s same mathematical approach approximated all of the all-time-highs in the past decade.
Of course, all-time-highs don’t occur just every day. Accordingly, I will also demonstrate how Mr. Gann instructs us to target significant market lows. Again, as crazy as it sounds, this is not “cherry picking”. This is Gann-inspired market analysis that has worked for decades in the Soybean market and other commodity markets. And even when we are not seeking all-time highs or lows, there are many excellent trading opportunities to target significant intermediate term swings, just as Gann did in the past, where very successful campaigns can be traded for great profit. We will also explore this in good detail within the course.
I will also show that Mr. Gann’s techniques can work just as well in the equity markets. The course even contains brief forays into Forex Currencies and Bonds. Markets are markets, it matters not what you trade, as long as your analysis proves to you that a tradable move is expected.
Here are some equity examples for popular stocks:
Another interesting aspect of the course is that the rules advocate trading only when we have a reasonable expectation of achieving a minimum 500% profit. There is a method to that madness and the reasoning is well explained. This is reminiscent of teachings from Jerome Baumring as well.
Please know that Mr. Gann’s and my own rules were devised with the absolute certainty that some trades will be losers. The rules also are built with the knowledge that humans generally shouldn’t try trading even though they think they can. I will show you how to think about the rules and your future trading decisions. In fact, this is the “market primer” which at heart I wrote for my own son.
I will warn you however, that if you already know you can’t follow some pretty simple rules, you shouldn’t buy this book. You will probably lose money no matter which course or service you buy. Conversely, if you’d like to hunt opportunities like the ones we’ve shown here, and you’d like to consider a disciplined methodology that you can adopt toward making a success in the business of speculation, please join us. Wonderful trading opportunities may happen more than you realize!
The Institute of Cosmological Economics & Sacred Science Institute are economic research and educational companies. The information contained herein is for general education purposes and is not intended as specific advice or recommendations to any person or entity. Any reference to a transaction, trade, position, holding, security, market, or level is purely meant to educate readers about possible risks and opportunities in the marketplace and are not meant to imply that any person or entity should take any action whatsoever without first evaluating such action(s) in light of their own situation either on their own or through a professional advisor. The methods presented are not solicitations of any order to buy or sell. If a person or entity does not believe they are qualified to make such decisions, they should seek professional advice. The prices listed are for reference only and are in no way intended to represent an actual trade, entry price or exit price conducted by the Institute of Cosmological Economics, portfolios managed by any entity affiliated with the Institute of Cosmological Economics, or any principal or employee of the Institute of Cosmological Economics, or any of its affiliates. This information is not a substitute for professional advice of any nature, including tax, legal, and financial. While we believe the information contained herein to be accurate, all numbers should be verified by the reader through independent sources. It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these products will be profitable or that they will not result in losses. There is no assurance that the strategies and methods presented in this book will be successful for you. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future performance. Trading securities, options, futures, or any other security involves risk and can result in the immediate and substantial loss of the capital invested. The author, publisher, distributors and all affiliates assume no responsibility for your trading or investment results, and will not be liable for any loss, damage or liability directly or indirectly caused by the usage of this material. There is considerable risk of loss in Futures, Stock and Options trading. You should only use risk capital in all such endeavors. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown. Every reader/recipient is responsible for his or her own investment decisions. The information contained in this report or in any update does not necessarily mean that the Institute of Cosmological Economics, or any portfolio managed by any affiliates of the Institute of Cosmological Economics, or that any employees of the Institute of Cosmological Economics, or its affiliates holds the positions or has conducted the actual trade. At various times the Institute of Cosmological Economics, portfolios managed by affiliates of the Institute of Cosmological Economics, or any other principal or employee of the Institute of Cosmological Economics may own, buy or sell the securities discussed for the purposes of investment or trading.
All Contents © Sacred Science Institute