Click The Following Links For Details On:
The Conference on Precession and Ancient Knowledge (Oct. 4-5, 2008)
THE LOST STAR of Myth & Time... (New Book On Binary Theory)
THE GREAT YEAR (Documentary
On Yuga Cycles)
The Conference on Precession and Ancient Knowledge
Registration Is Now Available for CPAK 2008!
Click Here To Register For CPAK 2008
The Conference on Precession and Ancient Knowledge is one of the most interesting and engaging conferences presented anywhere. It is put on annually by our dear friend, Walter Cruttenden, author of the Lost Star and producer of the documentary, The Great Year. Each year the list of presenters includes a selection of the leading experts on ancient civilizations and esoteric science, including John Anthony West, Dr. Robert Schoch, Graham Hancock, Laird Scranton, John Burke, and this year, for the first time, Joscelyn Godwin will be presenting on Atlantis and ancient civilizations. These cutting edge scholars present the the latest research and discoveries from across the world, and discuss new scientific theories and insights into the ancient sciences and civilizations which fascinate us all. This is one of the least expensive conferences for the quality of information presented, so don't miss it!!!
CLICK HERE FOR CPAK WEBSITE & ALL CONFERENCE DETAILS
stock all of the books of the CPAK presenters from the last 3 years. See this
CPAK Presenters Book List
This year’s speakers include:
Dr. Joscelyn Godwin – Professor of music at Colgate University known widely for studies of ancient mystical religions, Dr. Godwin’s work traces the history of the idea, held since ancient times, that the whole cosmos, with its circling planets and stars, is in some way a musical or harmonious entity and shows how this concept has continued to inspire philosophers, astronomers, and mystics from antiquity to the present day. Dr. Godwin, the only professor teaching a course on Atlantis at a major University, will also give us his insights into this mythical (or higher age) culture.
Anthony West – Author, lecturer, and guide, John Anthony
West delivered a seismic shock to archaeology in the early 1990's when he and
Boston University geologist Robert Schoch revealed that the Great Sphinx of
Giza, Egypt, showed evidence of rainfall erosion. Such erosion could only mean
that the Sphinx was carved during or before the rains that marked the transition
of northern Africa from the last Ice Age to the present interglacial epoch,
a transition that occurred in the millennia from 10,000 to 5000 BC. A rebel
Egyptologist, John is the author of "The Traveler's Key to Ancient Egypt,"
and consulting editor for the "Traveler's Key" series. His previous
book, "Serpent in the Sky: The High Wisdom of Ancient Egypt" is an
exhaustive study of the revolutionary Egyptological work of the French mathematician
and Orientalist, the late R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz. His principal focus this
year will be on new discoveries and new interpretations of ancient Egyptian
cosmology and daily life. He will suggest that ancient Egyptian culture is not
only older, but also, far more advanced than previously assumed. One of the
brightest and funniest wits in the alternative history camp, John’s presentation
is not to be missed.
Dr. Robert Schoch – Currently a tenured faculty member at Boston University's College of General Studies, Schoch completed his graduate work at Yale University, earning a Ph.D. (1983) in geology and geophysics. Since 1990 Robert Schoch has been researching ancient cultures, their monuments and their capabilities. He is famed for his work in re-dating the Great Sphinx and examining the accomplishments of ancient cultures, which are the subjects of his books: “Pyramid Quest”, “Voices of the Rocks” and “Voyages of the Pyramid Builders”. At CPAK 2008 Schoch will address some of the points in his new book, “The Parapsychology Revolution” and talk on the unusual characteristics, and possible capabilities, of higher age cultures from a psychical studies standpoint.
Walter Cruttenden – Walter is a history theorist involved in the study of ancient myth, folklore and megalithic structures. As director of the Binary Research Institute his main focus is the science and celestial mechanics of the precession of the equinox and its link to changes in consciousness over long periods a time. Cruttenden has authored a number of papers and articles on these subjects including the book "Lost Star of Myth and Time," and the award winning documentary, "The Great Year", narrated by James Earl Jones. At CPAK 2008 Walter will give an overview of the cycle of the ages as depicted in Giorgio de Santillana’s and Hertha von Deschend’s “Hamlet’s Mill” and discuss several new finds that display the character of higher age knowledge.
Laird Scranton is an Albany, New York software designer and author of two books on Dogon and Egyptian cosmology and language. His research focuses on relationships between ancient myth and science, and his most recent book, Sacred Symbols of the Dogon: The Key to Advanced Science in the Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs outlines an alternate method for reading Egyptian hieroglyphs. He has lectured at Colgate University to classes studying his books and was recently invited to write three articles for Temple University's Encyclopedia of African Religion. His article in support of Marcel Griaule's Dogon cosmology based on parallels to Buddhism appears in the April, 2007 edition of Anthropology News, an academic journal published by the University of Chicago. He is featured in John Anthony West's Magical Egypt DVD series.
John Burke is an international businessman and an inventor with a university background in physics from SUNY Stony Brook. He founded Pro Seed Technologies, Inc., and as the CEO, has demonstrated in field trials and at organizations and universities throughout the world how artificial versions of electromagnetic energies enhance crop yields. His work has appeared on Fox Networks, Discovery Channel, History Channel and 20/20.
John Dering – John Dering is a physicist working at Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA), with an emphasis on electromagnetic and acoustical wave harmonics. At this year’s conference John will present new evidence to show we are constantly being affected by local and celestial electromagnetic fields. Dering will explain how even subtle changes from another star (over long periods of time) can have dramatic effects on Earth’s atmosphere and life on the planet in general. He will provide an update on his hypothesis: as the Sun moves through space, it carries the Earth in and out of an EM field, producing "seasons" or ages of man within the eon of a Great Year.
...and More! Click here for a full list of presenter bios: Full Presenter Biographies
CPAK offers two
days of presentations open to the general public. They will take place at Mandeville
Theater on the UCSD campus, in San Diego, California, this October 4 and 5th,
2008. For details on this year's schedule, click here: CPAK
the LOST STAR
OF MYTH & TIME...
The Companion Volume To the Great Year
By Walter Crutteden
TO ORDER THE LOST STAR CLICK HERE
Ancient folklore from around the world rings with two resonating themes: History moves in cycles with alternating Golden and Dark Ages, and the slow movement of the stars across the sky, the Precession of the Equinox, is the cause and timekeeper of these cycles.
For years we have heard that these are only myths, there was no Golden Age and precession is just a wobbling of the Earth’s axis. Now Lost Star of Myth and Time shows evidence the Ancients were not just weaving fanciful tales - science is on the verge of an amazing discovery - our Sun has a companion star carrying us through a great cycle of stellar influences. If true, it means the Ancients were right and our views of space and time and the history of civilization will never be the same. More than that, it would mean we are now at the dawn of a new age in human development and world conditions.
The general hypothesis behind Lost Star of Myth and Time is that as our solar system moves in its binary orbit around a companion star, it not only produces the observable of precession (due to the change in orientation of an observer on Earth), this orbit carries the Earth in and out of an EM field that affects the Earth’s ionosphere, magnetosphere and indirectly consciousness, thereby producing alternating Dark and Golden Ages in synch with the precession cycle.
As readers will recall, for thousands of years the Earth was in a descending phase, one that saw the decline of Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, the Mediterranean, Megalithic and Mesoamerican cultures, that culminated in the pits of the last Dark Age about 500AD. If this hypothesis is true we can expect to find great wisdom in very ancient cultures, an increasing number of archaeological sites older than expected, greater sophistication of very ancient cultures, etc.
Over the last 30 years this has proved to be the case. Archaeologists and historians of all type are realizing that man was not just a simple hunter-gatherer 5000 years ago, as still taught in most textbooks. Civilization is older than expected and possessing much greater wisdom than heretofore acknowledged.
TO ORDER THE LOST STAR CLICK HERE
“A compelling explanation for a major, but studiously neglected mystery: Why Ancient Egypt was at its height very near its beginning then slowly degenerated. This quietly incendiary book confronts the Paradigm Police across a spectrum of disciplines: ancient history, modern astronomy and the accepted account of human civilization. Powerful stuff!”
— John Anthony West, author, Serpent in the Sky.
“Lost Star of Myth and Time is a wonderful, stimulating, thought-provoking new – or very old – approach to the greatest enigmas of human history. If Walter Cruttenden is right, as I very much suspect he is, then he has found the key to the mystery of the ages.”
— Graham Hancock, author, Fingerprints of the Gods.
“There is a modern revolution underway in how we understand the cosmos - and it is based on ancient starlore and mythology. In this pioneering book, a completely new thesis has been parsed out from ancient texts and modern astrophysical data: our sun may be part of a binary star system.”
— John Major Jenkins, author, Maya Cosmogenesis 2012 and Galactic Alignment
TO ORDER THE LOST STAR CLICK HERE
Table of Contents:
A Search For Answers
A Cyclic Theory of History
An Astronomical View
Chapter 1: A Brief History of History
The First Archeologists
The Trouble with Assumptions
How Broad Were The Dark Ages?
Pushing Back the Clock
Why The Dark Age?
Chapter 2 The Cycle of the Ages
Precession of the Equinox… Defined
Vedic Indians & the Yuga Cycle
The Length-of-Cycle Debate
Biblical References to the Ages of Man
The Dark Ages; A New Spring
The Cycle of Time In Ancient America
The Age of the Fifth Sun
Chapter 3: The Ancient Science Behind Precession
Vernal & Autumnal Equinoxes
The Standard Explanation: A Little Background
The Ancient Sources of Copernicus
The Perspective of the Ancients
In Search of a Cause
Whispers of Another Star
A New Search Begins
Chapter 4: The Case of the Missing Motion
What’s Your Reference Frame?
Problems with Lunisolar Theory
Looking With New Eyes
More on the Binary Hypothesis
Lunisolar or Binary? A Side by Side Comparison
Missing motion & the Lunar Witness
The Test is in the Accuracy of the Model
Solar System Anomalies; Rate of Precession
Angular Momentum: A Case of Hide & Seek
Sheer Edge & Non-Random Comet Paths
Orbital Time Deltas
Slips & Spins Make Time
Earth Orbit Geometry & Reference Frames
The New Model: In Sync With Form & Function
Archeological & Historical Implications
Chapter 5: The Search
IRAS & What It Didn’t Find
So, What is It?
A Visible Star?
What do the Ancients Say?
The Giza Marker
The Binary Exception
Nibiru, Indra & Sirius… One and the Same?
Chapter 6: The Cosmic Influence
An Interactive Universe
The Mu Room
Cemi Field Theory
Consciousness, Mind & the Cosmic Influence
Vishnunabahi, Magnetars & Beyond
Chapter 7: Wisdom of the Stones
The Round Towers
Lines of Energy
Chapter 8: Reconstructing the Menagerie
A Pagan Dig
A Larger Context
It’s the Real Thing
Obituary for the Descending Cycle
Chapter 9: Higher-Age Reality
Older & Wiser
ORDER THE LOST STAR CLICK HERE
the great year
How Much Did the ancients really know?
We are very happy to announce
the relese of this new film by friends of the Institute, which correlates
the Precession of the Equinoxes with the Hindy Yugas, by postulating, as taught
in the Ancient Traditions, that the Sun is a member of a Binary Star system,
this star likely being what is mistaken in Sitchin's research as Planet Nibiru,
or the 12th planet. This wonderful film covers Time Cycles, and the transition
of the world through periods of knowledge and ignorance, the Ages of Mankind.
We have included more details below. Some material in this film was taken
from books that we publish. You should also check ou their Binary Research
Institute http://www.binaryresearchinstitute.org where they are collecting
research and gathering data on Binary Star Systems. This film is an absolute
must see! On DVD for $25.00.
We are very happy to announce the relese of this new film by friends of the Institute, which correlates the Precession of the Equinoxes with the Hindy Yugas, by postulating, as taught in the Ancient Traditions, that the Sun is a member of a Binary Star system, this star likely being what is mistaken in Sitchin's research as Planet Nibiru, or the 12th planet. This wonderful film covers Time Cycles, and the transition of the world through periods of knowledge and ignorance, the Ages of Mankind. We have included more details below. Some material in this film was taken from books that we publish. You should also check ou their Binary Research Institute http://www.binaryresearchinstitute.org where they are collecting research and gathering data on Binary Star Systems. This film is an absolute must see! On DVD for $25.00.
The Great Year is a compelling documentary that explores the possibility that the fall of ancient civilizations around the globe, and the rise of modern civilization, might be related to our Sun’s motion around a companion star. The film examines evidence that ancient civilizations may have known of this celestial cycle and that our Sun may indeed display the characteristics of binary motion.
Just as the Earth’s spin on its axis causes day and night and our planet’s annual orbit around the Sun is responsible for the ongoing cycle of the seasons, what if there is some greater celestial cycle, lasting thousands of years, slowly influencing the rise and fall of civilization across the globe? Where is the evidence? What could be the cause?
To many ancient cultures, the answers lie in the stars. In their view, time and civilization did not progress ever forward in a strict linear path, but moved in a cyclical pattern, with human civilization and consciousness rising and falling as great ages came and went. To the ancient Mayans, we are entering the time of the Fifth Sun; Hindu and Vedic scholars spoke of the Yuga Cycle a great circular progression of ages; and in ancient Greece, Plato taught of a large cycle of time which would slowly return us to a “Golden Age”. He called this cycle: The Great Year.
The Great Year investigates the common thread in these beliefs and looks back into time seeking answers to the questions that still loom over science today. How far back into history do humankind’s roots really go? What did the ancients know about the stars and their movements and what can we learn from them? Why was the “Precession of the Equinox” universally revered? Many of these cultures spoke of an unseen sun that drives this movement of the stars across the sky over thousands of years and causes great ages to rise and fall. Could there be an unseen binary partner to our Sun? The Great Year examines this theory and finds growing scientific evidence to support it.
What makes The Great Year so compelling is that it reveals a startling truth embodied in the number one ancient mystery: the Precession of the Equinox. By showing the cutting edge scientific evidence that challenges the current theory, this film is sure to set off debates in the scientific, archaeological, and astronomical communities.
This provocative film, narrated by James Earl Jones, is accompanied by 18 minutes of animation and a moving original musical score. The message behind the film may be the beginning of a whole new way to look at time and history, and just might set off a new scientific movement to find our Sun’s binary companion
is The Great Year?
The Great Year, is the term that some ancient civilizations use to describe the slow precession of the equinox through the twelve houses of the ancient zodiac, a period that takes about 24,000 years. Different cultures refer to this cycle by different names including: the Platonic year, Perfect year, Yuga cycle, Ages of Man or just the equinoctial cycle, but one thing is clear, it was known to virtually every ancient culture throughout the globe. In their epic work Hamlet’s Mill Giorgio de Santillana and Hertha von Dechend document the great year tale and point out it was the number one topic woven into myths and folklore around the ancient world.
Why were our ancestors so fascinated by this subject that they memorized stories that were passed down for thousands of years and built megalithic structures on every continent to monitor this movement? We think it is because the tales are true! That is, as the Sun curves through space carrying the Earth with it, our bodies and our planet move to a region where they are affected by different cosmic forces that indirectly result in the rise and fall of civilization. As mans consciousness expands and contracts, and the cycle plays out, just like a solar year with its seasons, it results in great ages of enlightenment and dark ages of misery. Indeed, the archaeological record shows a broad decline of ancient civilizations beginning about 5000 years ago, a long world wide dark age and then finally a rise in consciousness with the renaissance continuing to the present day. Were the tales and myths and stone henges really just for amusement and farming? Or is Hamlet’s Mill correct: folklore is the scientific language of ancient times, and they were trying tell us of the dark days to come, and trying desparetly to preserve knowledge in the pyramids and megaliths and temples so carefully aligned to the heavens incorporating sophisticated mathematical principles.
This is the story of the Great Year and new scientific evidence to support it. Recent solar system studies seem to indicate that precession is indeed caused by a curving motion of our sun through space. While not yet widely accepted, if true it a startling finding confirming the wisdom of the ancients.
Referred to as the dark and materialistic age, it lasts for a period of 1,200 years in the half cycle. In this age, human intellect is unable to comprehend anything beyond the gross material world that we live in. The descending Iron age lasted from about 702BC to 499AD (a period of great destruction) and the ascending dark age ended about1699AD. Like the seasons they do not stop and start abruptly but after a few hundred years the difference in ages can be well identified.
Termed as the Electrical or Atomic age, it lasts for a total period of 2,400 years of the Daiva Yuga. This is the period when human intellect can then comprehend fine matter, subtle forces and their attributes, characterized by electrical and atomic-energy developments: the age of telegraphy, radio, airplanes, and other space-annihilators. In the descending period, moving away from the spiritual age there is less material development than in the ascending age where the materialistic influence is still strong. The ties to the prior cycle are slow to change. Thus at the beginning of the ascending Bronze age, man is still very materially oriented but beginning to discover subtle particles and forces and understanding more about energy on both a human and worldly level. It is a very exciting time of discovery but the biggest revelations are soon to be the realization our bodies are simply vehicles made of subtle energies operating in a very real matrix of energy and ideas.
The Mental age as it is commonly referred to lasts for a period of 3600 years. During this period human intellect can comprehend the divine magnetism resulting in advanced human traits such as telepathic communication and perfect memory. Today we think writing is a sign of intelligence, and we believe the simple hieroglyphs evolved into more complex writing. The fact is they devolved into writing, as this is a skill that is superfluous in the higher ages when one can virtually remember and know all. Thankfully, our planet is soon to evolve so quickly that at our current level of awareness we can hardly comprehend our state of consciousness in just a few decades to come, not to mention in the next Yuga. Look back 150 years who could have guessed what it would be like in the year 2000? Not even Jules Verne saw the possibility of gigabit computing, wireless communication, or the hopeful and sometimes scary, possibilities of biotechnology. But most of the upcoming changes will be in consciousness and lifestyle. It is impossible to convey a knowledge of the next cycle to the masses in this cycle, but many highly conscious individuals will intuit its enormous possibilities.
The last and longest period, spanning 4800 years in the half cycle, is the age of Truth and Enlightenment. This is considered to be the period when human intellect can comprehend everything, including God, and the intelligence of man will be highly advanced. In this age, man will work in harmony with the Divine Plan. It is virtually impossible to comprehend at or current stage of development what our consciousness in the Golden Age will be like. However, one can imagine that “outwardly” man will live in perfect harmony with nature and the world will resemble a garden of immense proportions. Some of the myths and fables about
1. The great year is a period of 24,000 years; 12,000 years ascending into a higher age, and 12,000 years descending into a lower age. The ancient Egyptians, Sumerians, Megalithic builders, Indians and other ancient cultures knew it as the precession of the equinox.
2. Just as the day is one spin of the Earth on its axis, and the year is one revolution of the Earth around the Sun, so too is one great year based on a celestial motion: one orbit of our Sun around its binary center of mass.
3. Just as the day has light and darkness and the year has summer and winter, so too does the great year have its golden age and dark age.
4. Just as the time of a day can be told by the position of the Sun in the sky, and the time of year can be told by the position of the Sun on the horizon, so too can the time of the great year be told by the position of the Sun relative to the 12 ancient constellations of the zodiac. The daily time system of 24 periods (hours) made of two 12 period sections (AM and PM), left to us by ancient cultures on both hemispheres, is a microcosm of the great year principal.
5. The precession of the equinox (through the zodiac) acts as the clock of the great year. The moving equinox (relative to inertial space) is driven by the curved motion of the Sun through space.
6. Precession is not caused by lunisolar forces, nor does the Earth act like a top relative to the Sun. Precession is a direct result of the Sun’s binary motion which produces a commensurate change in Earth orientation, a.k.a. precession.
7. The low point, or dark age of the great year is when the Sun and its companion were at apoasis, their furthest point apart. This last occurred in 499AD. We are now about 1500 years into the ascending phase and consciousness is expanding.
8. The high point, of the next golden age, will occur at periapsis when the Sun and its companion are closest to each other. This last occurred in 11,500 BC and will next occur in 12,500 AD.
9. The expansion of consciousness in the ascending cycle is due to the Sun’s binary motion bringing the Earth closer to the beneficial influence of the magnetic center. The contraction of consciousness in the descending phase is due to the Sun’s motion carrying us away from the magnetic center.
10. The magnetic center or grand center is thought to be in the region of Alcyon in the Pleiades. There is significant folklore and myth related to this star and this constellation.
11. The exact mechanics that draw us closer to the region, and the mechanism of influence upon consciousness are not well understood in the current age. However, it is known that most stars are binary or multiple systems, most stars are in constant motion and that consciousness is affected by light on the retina, negative ions in the atmosphere, radiation and other subtle forces.
12. Both the ascending and descending cycle are made of four “ages” analogous to the four seasons: the two poles are the dark age or winter of man, called the iron age by the Greeks and Kali yuga by the Indians; and the age of enlightenment or summer of man, called theGolden age or Satya yuga. Following is a chart of the ages and their respective lengths. We are currently in the 304th year of the Dwapara yuga.
13. The archeological record supports the construct of a great year: The evidence of advanced civilizations in ancient Sumeria, Egypt, India, Mesoamerica, Megalithic Europe, and many more still being discovered, is overwhelming. The fact they all declined into a world wide dark age is obvious and evidence of a descending cycle. The renaissance, agricultural, industrial, information and biotech revolutions all evidence an ascending consciousness.
14. Just as the first day of spring is not always warmer than the last day of winter, so too do the ages unfold slightly unevenly. The current era carries many paradigms of the recent material dark age while mankind struggles towards the light of a higher age. A dangerous time is passing when mankind has access to higher technologies but still harbors the material thoughts of a lower age.
15. Precession now equates to one cycle in 25,770 years only because we are near apoapsis, the slow part of the elliptical orbit. According to Kepler’s laws, as the Sun moves towards periapsis, the rate will continue to accelerate and will average near 24,000 years.
16. The Yuga cycle of
17. Hamlet’s Mill, the epic work by Hertha von Dechend, professor of the history of science at the University of Frankfurt, and Giorgio de Santillana, professor of the history and philosophy of science at M.I.T., shows the link between myth and astronomy. They describe myth and folklore as the scientific language of yore, and point out that precession was the number one topic of discussion in ancient science and was known to ancient cultures around the world.
18. The current paradigm of history was developed by British and French explorers, investigating and writing about Egyptian and megalithic ruins on the heels of Darwin’s book: Origin of the Species. Their Judeo Christian backgrounds, over extrapolation of Darwinian principles, and lack of information on the astronomical alignments of the structures they were investigating, led them to conclude the structures were built by primitive man. This paradigm has continued to the present.
19. New technology is driving new discoveries of what is currently considered anomalous archaeological evidence. The dating of the sphinx to more than twice its heretof ore acknowledged age, the finding of a huge new 9000 year old civilzation in the Bay of Cambay, and other exciting discoveries will eventually cause the current paradigm to fall and allow the acceptance of the great year.
20. Better knowledge of the great year concept and construct, its cosmological basis and its link with consciousness, will change the way man views: history, archeology, paleontology, anthropology, solar system mechanics, religion, spirituality and consciousness and a number of other subjects of major importance. Establishing the solar system as a new moving reference frame, and the great year as a new system of long cycle chronology will also be quite helpful to the scientific community. Fun times ahead in the ascending age.
Discovery of Ruins in the Gulf of Cambay, India
These ruins could significantly push back the timeline for the development of civilization, and may even indicate the possible existence of sophisticated cultures several thousand years ago. If this is the case, it would be an indication of a long term decline in civilization between 9,500 BCE and the events leading into the dark ages of the early AD period.
The Age of the Sphinx
Robert Schoch and John Anthony West have presented compelling evidence over the past decade showing that the Sphinx could actually pre-date dyanastic
Discovery of Ancient Civilization Hamoukar, Syria
Dating of this city indicates that it is over 6,000 years old, making it rival
Discovery of Ancient City Near Caral, Peru
The ruins at Caral show that civilization existed at least a thousand years earlier than previously thought in the Americas, casting doubt on conventional theory.
Mithraic Beliefs: The Hypercosmic Sun
Hindu Tradtion is not alone in the belief that there is a dual to the sun driving precession. The Mithraic religion, and early rival to Christianity, was centered around precession and the belief in a "Hypercosmic Sun" beyond view that drove the stars.